Founded in 2004, the Museum of Lake Minnetonka is an all-volunteer, 501(c)(3) nonprofit organization tasked with preserving and operating the streetcar steamboat Minnehaha. As owners of the vessel, we strive to preserve and operate Minnehaha as an authentic, living museum for all to experience.
To inspire an enduring connection to Lake Minnetonka’s cultural heritage by preserving and operating the streetcar steamboat Minnehaha as an authentic, living museum and community icon.
To ensure a living future for the past.
- Safety first: We place the safety of passengers and volunteers above all else.
- Authenticity: We aim to be authentic in everything we do.
- Inspiration: We aspire to bring the history of Lake Minnetonka to life through compelling narratives and stimulating experiences.
- Community focus: We seek to unite all the communities of Lake Minnetonka through our shared heritage.
- Stewardship: We strive to ensure that Minnehaha’s future is as valuable as her past. We honor our founders by passing forward the heritage they passed to us.